Travelzoo Canada Launches New iPhone App to Celebrate its Fifth Anniversary
As they take time to celebrate their 5th anniversary, Travelzoo Canada also launched a new iPhone app that allows Canadians to access travel, entertainment and local deals on-the-go.
(click to enlarge images)
Travelzoo iPhone app features:
- Top 20 – This section highlights the famous Travelzoo Top 20, the definitive list of the week’s best travel, entertainment and local deals. More than 250 Travelzoo Deal Experts research, evaluate and test thousands of deals, only publishing the best in the Top 20 to more than 24 million subscribers worldwide.
- Local Deals Near Me – This section highlights deals in the user’s area based on the phone’s GPS system. The app automatically detects the user’s location to aggregate relevant dining, spa and entertainment deals. Travellers can search, book and redeem their Travelzoo Local Deals direct from their iPhone without having to print a voucher.
- Deals in Other Cities – Users can search and book entertainment, spa, hotel and dining deals in more than 75 cities worldwide. This tool is perfect for vacation planning or on-the-go searches.
- Travel Deals – This section highlights thousands of air, hotel, cruise and vacation deals published by Travelzoo each week. Users will be able to search deals by type of travel, view photos and link directly to the companies that provide the deals.
- Inspire Me – This section is designed to give users vacation inspiration through three visually-oriented tools: Photo Mosaic, Deal Roller and Deals on a Map. The Photo Mosaic allows users to select a deal based on a photo. The deal information will appear when the user scrolls over the photo. Resembling a roulette wheel, the Deal Roller is a fun way of viewing deals as they scroll on the screen. The Deals on a Map feature uses Google Maps to highlight hundreds of deals worldwide by location.
App for other smart phones are currently being developed, Travelzoo has over 1.3 million subscribers.
Latest posts by Dave Forde (see all)
- Breaking: Bryan Segal Exits comScore [Update] - November 20, 2014
- Geoffrey Roche Heads To The Pound With GoodDogDeals - November 12, 2014
- As Yahoo Acquires BrightRoll, Will Bellemare Bounce? - November 12, 2014