Earnings: TELUS Reports Q3 2011 Earnings, Revenue Up 6.5%
TELUS reported their Q3 2011 earnings last week and saw a 6.5 per cent in revenue and earnings per-share (EPS) increases 28 per cent. This was due to an increase generated by nine per cent growth in wireless revenue and four per cent growth in wireline revenue, both driven by very strong data growth.
TELUS Q3 2011 Highlights:
- External wireless revenues increased by $115 million or 9.0 per cent to $1.4 billion in the third quarter of 2011, compared to the same period a year ago
- Wireless net additions this quarter of 114,000 were down 25 per cent year over year and included 133,000 postpaid subscribers and a loss of 19,000 lower ARPU prepaid subscribers. Total wireless subscribers of 7.2 million are up 5.2 per cent from a year ago and the proportion of high value postpaid subscribers increased 1.3 points to 83 per cent
- Smartphone subscribers now represent 48 per cent of the total postpaid subscriber base as compared to 28 per cent a year ago.
- External wireline revenues increased by $46 million or 3.9 per cent to $1.23 billion in the third quarter of 2011, when compared with same period a year ago
- Data service and equipment revenues increased by $82 million or 15 per cent, reflecting strong growth in TELUS TV services, growth in Internet and enhanced data services including large enterprise deals, increased data equipment sales and higher managed workplace revenues
- TELUS TV additions of 50,000 increased by 32 per cent over same period last year, due to the success of the superior entertainment experience of Optik TV. The TELUS TV subscriber base of 453,000 is up 70 per cent from a year ago
- Optik High Speed Internet net additions of 22,000 increased 47 per cent from a year ago due to the pull through effect of Optik TV sales
Latest posts by Dave Forde (see all)
- GroupM Signs With Microsoft Advertising Canada For Exclusive Ad Deal - January 29, 2015
- SAVE $50 On 2015 Marketing Hall Of Legends Tickets NOW [Promo Code] - January 29, 2015
- Happy Data Privacy Day, 34% Canadians Concerned About Security - January 29, 2015