Getty Images Challenges You To Compete With "This Is Canada" Contest
As the world continues to discuss the recent $1 billion acquisition of Instagram by Facebook, today Getty Images launched a new campaign called “this is Canada.” In this new national program, the online image and video distribution company is giving Canadians a chance to showcase what makes Canadian life unique to them. Photography enthusiasts can contribute through their Flickr Collection for a chance win a brand new Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR Kit and 2,000 AIR MILES reward miles.
Since launching the Flickr Collection on Getty Images in 2009, Getty Images has already licensed a range of images from Canadian contributors that include everything from glimpses of everyday life to the special moments that make Canada such a unique place to live.
“The Flickr Collection empowers a global community of photographers to license authentic and regional imagery from around the world,” said Andrew Delaney, Director of Creative Content for Getty Images. “‘this is Canada’ celebrates uniquely Canadian images, everything from iconic Canadian landscapes to Canadians’ way-of-life, and plays an important part in fostering the impressive depth and range of photographic talent that exists within the country.”
Once images are submitted, they will be judged by a panel of some of Canada’s foremost photographers and industry experts based on the quality, creativity and artistic merit as well as representation of Canada. The judging panel consists of:
- Sean Davison, SVP Creative Director, MacLaren McCann Canada
- Andrew Delaney, Director of Creative Content, Getty Images
- Carey Ivison, Senior Manager of Creative Services, Scotiabank Canadian Marketing
- Richard Lam, Vancouver B.C. based freelance photographer
For full contest details visit, www.showusyourcanada.ca on or before midnight on May 19, 2012.
Latest posts by Dave Forde (see all)
- WIND Mobile Appoints Glen Campbell As New Chief Commercial Officer - July 28, 2015
- Acquisio Appoints Two Executives, Adds New Chairman - July 28, 2015
- Jordan Doucette Returns To Taxi As Executive Creative Director - July 27, 2015