TELUS Launches myhealthreference.com, Arms Canadians With Health Information
TELUS went live with their new postal earlier this morning, myhealthreference.com, the new portal provides Canadians with verified healthcare information designed to provide relevant information and tools they need to take better care of their health and the health of their loved ones.
“Technology has empowered us with convenient, fast access to health information. Yet much of the online information is unverified. myhealthreference.com will allow Canadians to quickly find credible, reliable and expert-reviewed health information for themselves and their families,” said Paul Lepage, Senior Vice-President, TELUS Health Solutions.
According to a national poll conducted for TELUS, 72 per cent of Canadians are concerned with the reliability of healthcare information they find online, yet 53 per cent still use the Internet as their primary health information reference. With 66 per cent of Canadians seeking a single point for online health information, the new site will deliver current content, reviewed articles and specialized functions to make the consumer experience “future friendly”.Other survey findings:
- 90 per cent of women identified themselves as the primary health seekers in the family
- 70 per cent of mothers first look to the Internet to gather health advice for their children
- 94 per cent of mothers prefer a website with information from a Canadian reference
- 66 per cent of Canadians have used online health information for positive results
- 25 per cent of Quebecers do not have a family physician. The highest rate from all provinces surveyed (17% BC, 14% AB, 8% MB/SK, 10% ON, 13% ATL)
- 33 per cent of Canadians over 55 say it’s difficult to find dietary tips for specific chronic health conditions
The new portal also allows enable consumers with a symptom checker, self-assessment modules, healthy habits guides and smoking cessation programs.
Latest posts by Dave Forde (see all)
- Tequila Herradura Says LUCK IS EARNED In Global Campaign - September 19, 2016
- eyeReturn Marketing Hires Four In Toronto - September 19, 2016
- True Media Canada Appoints Bruce Neve As President - September 19, 2016