Toronto Star Leverage Pressly To Deliver Reader Experience Via Your Tablet
As the adoption rate for tablet devices continues to grow in the coming years, we’ll see more and more media publications delivering their content via apps. Toronto Star recently announced that a new app for iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab and other web-enabled tablets to roll out in the near future has been rolled out leveraging Toronto-based Pressly.
[singlepic id=844 w=420 h=340 float=center]
“The Star believes in providing the best reading experience to our readers, regardless of the medium through which they choose to consume our editorial content,” said Michael Cooke, Editor of the Toronto Star.
“Our HTML5 web app supports the company’s current strategy of giving our customers access across many different channels and to reach a broader audience,” said Ali Rahnema, Vice President, Digital Media, at the Toronto Star.
Other features of Toronto Star’s web app include:
- Web browser access with no downloading from an app store required
- Takes advantage of multi-touch gestures, allows swipe, two-finger swipe to reveal navigation, pinch to close articles
- Supports reading in landscape and portrait orientation
- Allows the user to change font size
- One touch social sharing on Facebook, Twitter and email
- Full-screen highly interactive advertising, including video and geo-location
Latest posts by Dave Forde (see all)
- Tequila Herradura Says LUCK IS EARNED In Global Campaign - September 19, 2016
- eyeReturn Marketing Hires Four In Toronto - September 19, 2016
- True Media Canada Appoints Bruce Neve As President - September 19, 2016