Home » Features
#cmambdd11 Notes: Digital Day 2011 – Shopper Marketing
Submitted by Dave Forde on November 8, 2011 – 11:06 am
Joe Strolz, Vice-President, Microsoft Advertising, moderated this session entitled “Shopper Marketing,” members on the panel included:
- Lisa Bradner, Chief Client Services & Growth Officer, Geomentum
- Erin Green, Director of Marketing, Dealuxe.ca
- Angela Scardillo, Vice-President, Marketing and Communications, Best Buy Canada
- Know your audience, be transparent. Just because they are saying bad things doesn’t mean they are necessarily wrong
- If someone say something negative about a product you sell, that is good as they are helping the community
Question -What r the obstacles of getting decision makers to engage and try these new tools?
- Don’t assume everyone know what they r talking about, educate a LOT internally
- We you talk about innovation don’t just look at one piece, you need to integrate, so it is about shifting. Once that has results, you now have proof and budgets will shift
- Have an agreed upon framework on how you will test and use new technologies
- Identify where ur target market is. If they r not on twitter, no need to use Twitter
The following two tabs change content below.
Dave “The Connector” Forde has been involved in the technology industry across Canada for over 10 years in sales and marketing roles, he launched PR In Canada, and on Profectio.
Latest posts by Dave Forde (see all)
- Tequila Herradura Says LUCK IS EARNED In Global Campaign - September 19, 2016
- eyeReturn Marketing Hires Four In Toronto - September 19, 2016
- True Media Canada Appoints Bruce Neve As President - September 19, 2016