RIM: "We're Sorry, We Screwed Up, Here Is A Free App"
With the latest crisis behind them, now it is time for damage control as Research In Motion recently announced today that a selection of premium apps worth a total value of more than US $100 will be offered free of charge to subscribers as an expression of appreciation for their patience during the recent service disruptions.
“Our global network supports the communications needs of more than 70 million customers,” said RIM Co-CEO Mike Lazaridis. “We truly appreciate and value our relationship with our customers. We’ve worked hard to earn their trust over the past 12 years, and we’re committed to providing the high standard of reliability they expect, today and in the future.”
The complete selection of premium apps will become available to download at BlackBerry App World starting tomorrow (October 19th) for the next four weeks. The selections over this period will include the following (with more to come):
- SIMS 3 – Electronic Arts
- Bejeweled – Electronic Arts
- N.O.V.A. – Gameloft
- Texas Hold’em Poker 2 – Gameloft
- Bubble Bash 2 – Gameloft
- Photo Editor Ultimate – Ice Cold Apps
- DriveSafe.ly Pro – iSpeech.org– iSpeech Translator Pro – iSpeech.org– Drive Safe.ly Enterprise – iSpeech.org– Nobex Radio(TM) Premium – Nobex
- Shazam Encore – Shazam
- Vlingo Plus: Virtual Assistant – Vlingo
On the enterprise side, RIM will be offering one month of free technical support.
Bottom line, this SUCKS! If you do not play games than what do you care if you can create a fantasy world on your Blackberry? If you don’t need technical support what is the benefit to getting free support. I don’t know about you, but I had about a 3-hour window where I couldn’t leave the office because I was expecting a business email and with Blackberry being down I ended up on losing productivity which equates to a value higher than what I think a game is worth. Sorry RIM, you get a big fat FAIL on this one!
Latest posts by Dave Forde (see all)
- Tequila Herradura Says LUCK IS EARNED In Global Campaign - September 19, 2016
- eyeReturn Marketing Hires Four In Toronto - September 19, 2016
- True Media Canada Appoints Bruce Neve As President - September 19, 2016